4th DI working seminar
4th efsli-DI working seminar for Deaf Interpreters and Translators
The efsli Deaf Interpreters working seminar will be held on 9th and 10th of September 2015 in Warsaw, Poland (immediately before the efsli conference).
The theme of this year’s working seminar is:
“The argument for the use of Deaf Interpreters.”
The aim of the seminar is to explore the arguments for engaging Deaf interpreters in such settings as courts, hospitals, conferences, schools, etc., where the accuracy and effectiveness of communication as well as cultural adaptability is very crucial.
Participants will also explore:
- Advantages of team interpreting for deaf and hearing cosumers
- How to encourage hearing interpreters to work in teams with their Deaf colleagues
- How Deaf consumers can argue for their right to a deaf interpreter
- How to develop arguments stating that Deaf interpreters should have the same training, work opportunities and working conditions as their hearing colleagues
- How to engage in national sign language interpreter associations
Leaders: Prof. Dr. Lorraine Leeson and Prof. Dr. Christian Rathmann
Morning: Introduction and Opening Presentations
Early Afternoon: Developing Arguments and Strategies in working groups I
Late Afternoon: Discussion
Morning: Developing Arguments and Strategies in working groups II
Early Afternoon: Summary and Concluding Remarks
Late Afternoon: Annual General Meeting of the efsli-DI and preparation for the efsli AGM.
Registration to the 2nd efsli Deaf interpreters working seminar is close.
Registration fee: (Including coffee breaks)
200 Euros for participants from countries with a GDP of over 20.000)
100 Euros for participants from countries with a GDP of under 20.000)
Payment can be made either by PayPal (after filling in the online registration survey and return to this page to use the button above to pay):
efsli’s bank details:
BNP Parisbas, Belgium
IBAN: BE71 290015049569
Account number: 290 – 0150495 – 69