Call for trainers: efsli Winter School 2015
Deadline for submission of proposals:
15th December 2014
The 2015 efsli Winter School is organised by the European Forum of Sign Language Interpreters in cooperation with the Norwegian Sign Language Interpreter association. We are looking for trainers able to design and deliver a short course on the topic ‘Interpreting with service uses with minimal language skills’ . For this purpose, efsli invites experienced trainers from the sign language interpreters’ community to share their expertise and work in a stimulating European environment.
VENUE AND DATES
The course will be held in Bergen (Norway) from the 30th of January until the 1st of February, The tentative schedule (subject to confirmation) is as follows:
Friday 30th January from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Saturday 31th January from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday 1st February from 9:00 am to 12:00 am
The course will be presented in English or International Sign (IS).
Correspondence with efsli and any documentation (course handouts, feedback forms, etc.) should be in English.
The topic of the efsli Winter School 2013 is ‘ Interpreting with service users with minimal language skills: make your Sign Language more visual’.
It is expected that the course should comprise a combination of research, theory and practice.
We are looking for a trainer who:
• has at least 5 years of experience in training sign language interpreters and experience in research
• is skilled, knowledgeable, and has experience in the 2015 efsli Winter school topic
• has a very good knowledge of, and can work in English / IS
• is able to work in an international training setting with participants of different languages and cultures
DUTIES OF THE TRAINER:
• to attend a preparatory meeting with the efsli representative and the organisers which will take place before the start of the training
• to prepare the materials for participants (to be ready by 8th of January 2015)
• to train a class of 25 participants (max).
• to evaluate the training
• to send an evaluation report by 28th of February 2015.
SUBMISSION OF TRAINING PROPOSALS
Training proposals should have both a theoretical and a practical focus.
Trainers should submit their training proposals in English indicating:
• a draft training programme focusing on the efsli school topic
• a professional Curriculum Vitae
• the professional fee requested
Training proposals out of the training scope will be rejected without review.
Please send your proposal and CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection will be carried out by the efsli Board and will be based on the criteria stated in the “Trainer’s profile” section. A comparison of professional fees may occur depending on budget and market requirements.
GENERAL FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
Travel, board and lodging of the trainer will be covered for the full length of the course. Travel bookings should be made only after approval by the Head of the Training Department. Any reimbursement will be made upon receipt of the required documentation.
The fee will be paid as negotiated by the trainer and efsli.
Payment will be made upon receipt of invoice within 30 days following the conclusion of the course and upon receipt of the evaluation report.
A detailed contract will be signed by both parties (trainer and efsli) as soon as the trainer has been selected and has agreed to provide the training (contract to be signed by the trainer).
• The deadline to submit training applications is the 15th of December 2015.
• The selected trainer will be notified by 22 of December 2014.
• The final training programme & materials must be delivered to efsli by the 8th January 2015.
For more information, please contact the efsli Training Department at email@example.com