Our training department send out the following message.
Although we want you’re reply as quickly as possible, it’s not possible to register yet, due to the Christmas holidays.
We will keep you informed. It will be possible on the first week of January 2014 to register.
Call for trainers: efsli Spring School 2014
Deadline for submission of proposals: 20th January 2014.
The 2014 efsli Spring School is organised by the European Forum of Sign Language Interpreters in cooperation with Asocijacija tumaca srpskog znakovnog jezika (ATSZJ) – the Association of Serbian Sign Language Interpreters.
We are looking for trainers able to design and deliver a short course on interpreting research. For this purpose, efsli invites experienced trainers from the sign language interpreters’ community to share their expertise and work in a stimulating European environment.
VENUE AND DATES
The course will be held in Belgrade from 11th to 13th of April 2014, The tentative schedule (subject to confirmation) is as follows:
Friday 11th april from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Saturday 12th april from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday 13th april from 9:00 am to 12:00 am
The course will be presented in English or International Sign (IS).
Correspondence with efsli and any documentation (course hqndouts, feedback forms, etc.) should be in English.
The topic of the efsli Spring School 2014 is SL Interpreting Research, the goal being that the students/attendees should be able to design and conduct a real, small-scale research project without the support of a University or other academic study centre. It is expected that the course should comprise a combination of research theory and practice including (but not limited to):
• The research process – how to design and conduct a research project in the field of Sign Language interpreting
• Interpreting research methodes and tools
• Analysis of research data
• Theoretical constructs
• How to write a research report
We are looking for a trainer who:
• has at least 5 years of experience in training sign language interpreters and experience in research;
• is skilled, knowledgeable, and has experience in the 2014 efsli Spring school topic
• has a very good knowledge of, and can work in English / IS
• is able to work in an international training setting with participants of different languages and cultures
DUTIES OF THE TRAINER:
• to attend a preparatory meeting with the efsli representative and the organisers which will take place before the start of the training
• to prepare the materials for participants (to be ready by 10th of March)
• to train a class of 25 participants (max)
• to evaluate the training
• to send an evaluation report by 24th April
SUBMISSION OF TRAINING PROPOSALS
Training proposals should have both a theoretical and a practical focus.
Trainers should submit their training proposals in English indicating:
• a draft training programme focusing on the efsli school topic
• a professional Curriculum Vitae
• the professional fee requested
Training proposals out of the training scope will be rejected without review.
Please send your proposal and CV by email to: email@example.com
The selection will be carried out by the efsli Board and will be based on the criteria stated in the “Trainer’s profile” section. A comparison of professional fees may occur depending on budget and market requirements.
GENERAL FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
Travel, board and lodging of the trainer will be covered for the full length of the course. Travel bookings should be made only after approval by the Head of the Training Department. Any reimbursement will be made upon receipt of the required documentation.
The fee will be paid as negotiated by the trainer and efsli.
Payment will be made upon receipt of invoice within 30 days following the conclusion of the course and upon receipt of the evaluation report.
A detailed contract will be signed by both parties (trainer and efsli) as soon as the trainer has been selected and has agreed to provide the training (contract to be signed by the trainer).
• The deadline to submit training applications is the 20th of January.
• The selected trainer will be notified by the 27th of January.
• The final training programme & materials must be delivered to efsli by the 10th of March.
For more information, please contact the efsli Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org