efsli full membership
efsli is a European membership led organisation of Sign Language Interpreters consisting of national & regional associations, individual & associate members. efsli full members are national associations of Sign Language Interpreters. efsli has currently 30 full members from 25 European countries.
Full membership is open to the formally constituted National Association of Sign Language Interpreters of each European country, having incorporation status or legal personality where required by national law of that country.
The following criteria should be considered when processing an application for full membership. The National Association of Sign Language Interpreters should be:
- Membership based
- Using a voting system to elect in new Officers
- Holding regular General Meeting
- Electing Officers for fixed terms
- Financial independent
- A non-profit making organisation
- Independent of clients and service users
- Intending to service the full nation and/or the whole linguistic region
- Stating clear aims and objectives
- Holding a legally binding constitution and Internal Rules (if appropriate)
- Serving mainly the Sign Language Interpreter profession
- Following the procedure set in the constitution and internal rules of efsli
- Providing supporting information requested by the constitution and internal rules for their application of this membership, which will be taken as true.
If your national association of sign language interpreters is not yet a member of efsli, please contact efsli and we can assist you in becoming a member of efsli.
- Monthly efsli in Brief
- Three times a year the efsli Newsletter
- Access to the efsli online forum
- 50% off on advertising in the efsli Newsletter and efsli in Brief
- NASLI webpage on efsli website
- Voting rights at the AGM
Current full members
Czech Republic CKTZJ
Slovak Republic ATLPRENES
The Netherlands NBTG
United Kingdom ASLI